History, Timeline & Plans
The social enterprise sector in Singapore is full of vibrant enthusiasm to enact positive progress, but ideas are always limited by resources. As a vehicle that aims to push forward social change, we at Etch Empathy must continue to dream big while considering the sustainability of our continual social impact moving forward.
Some Recent Milestones
- We have brought the Human Library™ to Singapore.
- We have surpassed 3,000 participants for our simulation programmes.
- Our podcast, called Channel Empathy, has been launched.
- We have successfully designed and tested a Blind Awareness Programme for pre-school aged children (Kindergarten Level).
- A pilot for our Community Cooking project for the vision impaired has been launched.
Expand the Team
We want more hands on deck, and we especially wish to extend an opportunity for skilled, willing people from vulnerable communities to join our family. We already have 10 people with disabilities (PwDs) meaningfully employed as Facilitators, and 1 vision impaired individual who is a member of our core team.
The Empathy Museum
A centralised hub for learning, community bonding, and cultural immersion – this is what we envision for our Empathy Museum. A single location for Etch Empathy’s activities would be what we will work towards over the coming few years; stay tuned.